Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Repurposed Heirloom Wood End Table

Remember the heirloom table featured earlier this week on our Facebook page? Well, you won't BELIEVE where this end table came from, so keep reading and follow along on this photo journey we are about to embark on!

The... original table had an extra leaf that wasn't used in the redesign.....so what to do??? The sweet owner wanted something made with it......a bench was our first thought, but the leaf was too small....so now what?? For a "wood whisperer" like Captain Kenny, that's not a problem at all!


In picture one here below, you will see what he started with this morning -- two normal table leaves like many of us have somewhere in the closet or hidden somewhere under the bed (I am sooo guilty of this, and I bet many of you are, too!!) 

 

 He took these simple table leaves and ripped and cut the hardwood remnants to create the base of the table.
 

As you can see, he then took the two decorative pieces that ran the length of the table and ripped these hardwood remnants to create this unique, bold tabletop design.


 If you look closely, you can see how THICK this tabletop is....The top of this end table is 2 inches of thick hardwood!!! We then stained the table an Espresso color to match her dining table and bench.  The thickness of this wood really helps create a very bold statement piece for any room that has a traditional feel but yet is very contemporary. 



 Looking at this totally makes me rethink the pieces I currently have and also regret the pieces I have given away over the past years that I thought there was NO HOPE for. I wonder now what they could have been. How I would love to have some of those pieces redesigned and in my home now.

If you'd like to see more of our handcrafted furniture, please go visit our website at:  https://www.facebook.com/gulfcoasttidelife

We'd be happy to have you stop by and visit for a spell!!!
 



I'm linking up to several parties this week......

221st Inspire Me Tuesday at A Stroll Through Life
http://www.astrollthrulife.net/2014/06/221st-inspire-me-tuesday.html
 

No comments:

Post a Comment





Southern Charm