Sunday, April 17, 2011

Here Comes Peter Cottontail...

And it's just about time for him to hop on down the bunny trail!!  I remember my grandma singing that song to me all the time as a little girl in the days heading up to Easter.  She was BIG on holidays, always making sure everything was just right.  I remember her saving green stamps to get 12 place settings of silver and Desert Rose china at the Quick Check when I was a little girl all because she wanted "fancy" china and silverware like the ladies in town had.  (I still have her Desert Rose china.)  My grandma  didn't have much (she was a turkey farmer), but she sure knew how to "put on the dog" as we say here in the South!  (For all ya'll that don't know what that means, it means to strut your stuff!!)  And she always  put on the dog when it came to any and all holidays.  I guess the acorn doesn't fall too far from the old oak tree, eh??  She always said that even the most humble abode could look like a mansion with a neatly pressed tablecloth and a fine place setting. 

The entire time I was working on my Easter tablescape, I could hear both her and my momma singing to  me, and I guess that would be the inspiration for my tablescape this week. Peter Cottontail (from my FAVORITE store...Kirkland's!) literally looks like he is hopping (wheeling) down the bunny trail in the middle of my table!  I'm really into creams and whites this year for Easter rather than the traditional pastel colors. 

I love how Mr. Bunny is peeping out from behind the tulip plants!
Here's a closeup of Mr. Bunny with his wheelbarrow filled with eggs. I tend to like things elevated, so I used a cake pedastal to lift him slightly off the antique runner.
A view of the buffet....My grandmother gave my mother the mirror above the buffet over 60 years ago for her wedding present.
A closeup of my Pottery Barn Easter egg dishes...the chargers are from Big Lots many years ago ($1.99), and the plates are from TJ Maxx several years ago ($3.99). Placemats and napkins are from KMart. Silverware is from Pottery Barn (yeah, that's my kryptonite right there...that darn silverware!!), and glasses are from Old Time Pottery.

And a closeup of my Pottery Barn mason jar drink dispenser. I simply love this!! Perfect for holding my favorite punch (white grape juice mixed with ginger ale and strawberries).
And one final view as the sun starts to set on another glorious Sunday in the South...
Wishing you and your family a very blessed Easter holiday!  Cherish every moment with those you hold dear.  

I'm linking up to Debbie Doo's Newbie Party, Table Top Tuesday at Marty's, Wow us Wednesdays over at Savvy Southern Style, and Tablescape Thursday at Between Naps on the Porch!!!  On  Friday, I'm linking up to Feathered Nest Friday at another of my favorite blogs, http://frenchcountrycottage.blogspot.com/.

























Savvy Southern Style

37 comments:

  1. Everything looks gorgeous, Farica!! I love it! You really know how to set some beautiful tablescapes!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous table setting. Happy Easter to you and your family. Thanks for joining my newbie party.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful, Farica! Love it all.
    have a happy day~ LC

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow...love the centre piece! Table setting looks beautiful. Diane

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful tablescape, so perfect for Easter. You are so creative with the bunny and how you placed everything. Can you come set my table?? Thanks for sharing! Looking forward to Easter and celebrating what Christ did for us...have a great week!
    Following you back :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Farica, the table and sideboard couldn't be lovlier! Your mom, grandma and Peter Cottontail would be proud!!! Happy Easter :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Farica, What a gorgeous table and sideboard!! I love the bunny and the pots of tulips. Everything is beautiful.
    Hugs,
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful cake stand and even better with bunny riding on it. Love your comment about silverware. kryptonite ha! I know the feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love everything about your beautiful table. Thank you for the touching stories about family too. Miss mine who are no longer here. Wishing you a Blessed and Happy Easter, Emelia.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your Easter tablescape looks beautiful, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your table is absolutely gorgeous! I love the dishes, the decorations and the flowers. You are very talented!!

    Have a great day.
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful Easter table! The server is lovely also.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful Easter tablescape, Farica. I love the bunny and pots of tulips.

    Enjoy your evening,
    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your mama was the perfect proof that good taste has nothing to do with money. The mirror that she chose for you is beautiful. I love your tablescape...the wheelbarrow bunny...the tulip trees. Thank you for sharing your lovely design. Cherry Kay

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Farica, Such a beautiful Easter tablescape. I just love that bunny and of course the tulips which are my favorite. Have a very Happy Easter!
    Marianne :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your tablescape and I absolutely love your story.
    AT

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your Easter Bunny tablescape. He is the perfect anchor for your table. Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Farica, what a gorgeous setting! Everything is just so, love the rabbit picking from behind the plants...and I also loved and enjoyed your story! Yeah, your mom is right, good taste it's not only for the money empowered, good taste it's inside you, for sure!
    Hugs
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a stunning tablescape, Farica !! I love everything about it ... the cute bunny in between your gorgeous tulips ... those fabulous PB Easter plates ... and, the ambiance with your lovely candles! (Love your gorgeous window panels, too!) Whoever gets to sit here for Easter dinner will be very spoiled! *Becca*

    ReplyDelete
  20. Morning sweetie...your table setting is gorgeous! I remember mama saving S&H green stamps when I was a girl and I got my first little set of dishes with them when I first got married and our next door neighbor was the most precious little widow woman...Mrs. Headley...she lived in a 4 room little country house and lordy could she grow flowers! She didn't have much but she did have a set of those Desert Rose dishes and I remember eating at her house and thnking those were the prettiest dishes I had ever seen..

    Thanks so much for coming by...may you and yours have a glorious Easter...Picket

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your tablescape is absolutely gorgeous! Love your Pottery Barn Easter plates and that bunny is truly adorable!

    Happy Easter!

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful! So Warm and Inviting!

    Warm Easter Wishes,
    Jodie

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your centerpiece is lovely and your candleticks are gorgeous!! I like your table setting and the use of the sweet placemat really sets it off nicely.
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is so pretty!
    What a lovely table in a warm and gorgeous room.
    Stunning!
    xx
    Alison

    ReplyDelete
  25. Your tablescape is stunning. Love your beautiful bunny centerpiece and all of your dishes and accessories are gorgeous. Such a pretty room. Thanks so much for joining TTT. Hugs, marty

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi lovely lady. I love your Tablescapes so Beautiful and the centerpiece with the bunny is so sweet with your lovely china !! You did a beautiful job putting it all Together. Thanks so much for your lovely comments on my Tablescape for Easter and becoming my newest follower.
    I hope you have Happy Easter with your family.
    xxoo
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  27. This is such a pretty Peter Cottontail table. I love it all, but I was immediately drawn to the pots of tulips in the middle. I love the chippy look to them. It's perfect. The dishes and accessories make the table just wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Girlfriend! Your table looks amazing!!!! Happy Easter!!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. You are a newbie??? Wowza! You do an amazing job. Where oh where do you live? If I had to guess I would say La. or Miss.? I grew up in Louisiana..
    I actually have one of those votive wine stoppers.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Amazingly gorgeous! I love your Peter Cottontail table, it's so cheery and evokes spring fun. I couldn't link to Susan's, so if you want to visit back, just go straight to my blog.
    Happy Easter
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  31. Fantastic table, Farica! Yes, I have heard the expression "puttin' on the dog" many times in my life. My great-grandmother, grandmother, mother, and now even I say it. It has a fun little ring to it! Are you familiar with the saying, "Ooh, she really put her foot in that!"? Means something is really tasty? I may be a Midwesterner by birth, but I many of those wonderful Southern colloquialisms are still a part of my upbringing! Have a wonderful Easter!!!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Fabulous table, Farica...Happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  33. What a beautiful tablescape~ I love your sweet bunny and your tulips in the center and your setting is just gorgeous! THanks for sharing at Feathered Nest Friday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  34. This is such a loverly tablesetting and your dining room is beautiful. Thank you for sharing. Thank you also for sharing some of the southern Easter customs. I am a new follower. Ginger :)

    ReplyDelete





Southern Charm