Sunday, August 28, 2011

Shake Your Tail Feathers....It's Almost Fall, Ya'll!!

I've been busy shaking my tail feathers this weekend getting ready for fall!!  One thing that I love, love, love is feathers!!!!!!  I love to mix in feathers with my decor during all of the seasons because I think feathers add that little extra "sass" that I like for things to have.  This weekend, I gave my kitchen a few more touches of fall and added some feathers here and there for a little fall flair! 
I have thought about giving Mr. Roo a coat of white paint, but I haven't done it just yet....Still contemplating that one!

I just added this picture below....I had bought these pictures from Kirkland's.  I got to thinking about it during the night and thought they might look great here in the corners instead of my wine bottle pictures.  I really think I like them with my feather arrangements better...What do you think?

I also made a couple of small feather arrangements for my kitchen.  I am still playing with where to put these.  I do kind of like this one over here!  I really like these pictures...the stamped burlap + metal , well that just has to equal......L-O-V-E!!!!



I am still loving the black chest decorated with the Pottery Barn Mercury glass pumpkins!! I love the layered beans and pasta in these Kirkland's canisters.  It reminds me so much of fall!
This is something I've been working on for the kitchen table.  As you can see, it has feathers, too!!  I'll share more of this end of the kitchen later on this week.
I hope that many of you have been shaking your tail feathers, too, because I can't wait to see what everyone's doing for fall decorating.  I am ready to get some great ideas!

7 comments:

  1. Looks like I need to get my nest ready for the Fall...love what all you have done!

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great! Can't wait to see the finished product for the kitchen table!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your feathers, Farica! And, your roo is so handsome! Look forward to seeing what you do!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Farica, love the rooster...all your fall things look beautiful! Can't wait to see more...I am slowly getting things out...it is still so hot here, it's hard to get in the decorating mood!
    have a great day,
    Regina

    ReplyDelete
  5. SoOOoOoOO pretty Farica!

    Looking forward to getting some fall decor out too. Your vignettes are beautiful.

    :)
    A

    ReplyDelete
  6. Keep on shaking those tail feathers, girl, because everything looks so pretty!

    ReplyDelete





Southern Charm