Sunday, August 28, 2011

Shaking My Tail Feathers with More Fall Florals

This is just the start of  my fall decor.  Believe me, it WILL change as the months progress.  Right now, I'm in "semi-Fall" decor mode.  This means that I'm darkening my colors up a bit, adding more textures and layers, and adding other fall items like pumpkins, feathers, etc. to my decor.  At the first of October, I will change some of this out and add Halloween decor.  After Halloween, it's back to fall. 

I love, love, love feathers.  I made this arrangement last year.  It was my first try at adding feathers to fall arrangements.  I also added them to my "fall tree".  I haven't put that up  yet, but it's on the way!!!!  I am waiting on September 1 to roll around before I do that. 

BTW, I dabbed Mr. Roo with a little white paint today if you notice that he looks different. LOL!!

I made these two feather arrangements yesterday.  LOVE them!!

Here's a look at my kitchen table arrangement that I finished late last night.  It also have LOTS of feathers!!



The colors in it are VERY "fall", don't you think?  I know it's not "traditional" fall decor, but it fits my style perfectly.  Here's a closup of my bronze Mercury glass candleholders from Michael's....

I added a real antler of my husband's to the base of each with pinecones from our yard.  He and my boys are all big deer hunters, so we have LOTS of antlers around here.  (If you notice, I never spend  much on my decor.  I'm all about reusing and repurposing things!!)  I added some of my mother's silver to the bottom.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who's been shaking her tail feathers around this weekend feathering the nest!!  Can't wait to join up to some great bloggy parties this week in hopes of finding some more fall inspiration.  

I was SOOOO EXCITED to be one of Debbie Doo's top picks for last week!!! Thank you, Debbie for hosting such a great party!! Linking up again this week to Debbie's Newbie Party!
href="http://debbie-debbiedoos.blogspot.com/">




13 comments:

  1. Farica, I totally love that roo. Thanks for sharing your inspiration and gorgous home with the newbie party.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Farica. Very fall feel. Before I didn't take much look of feathers. Now I'm in love with it. So blogging is inspiraton. Your setting is GREAT. Thanks also for comment. Have a nice week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh...I love that rooster! I have been wanting a big, white rooster for some time now:) It all looks so pretty. I will have to stop back by your blog and browse when I have a little more time!~Kim

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such beautiful vignettes. Thank you for all the wonderful inspiration. Have a great week.
    Bobbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so ready for fall. That rooster is cool. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So very pretty. I am always picking feathers up in the lawn and saving them. Cardinals, Blus Jays and occasionally a hawk feather.
    ~ ~Ahrisha~ ~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it! I especially love the unexpected little touch with the pine cones and the antlers. I will say it again, Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Farcia. i am a roo gal and will always love them! Flamboyant characters!! Love the colours of your home!

    Veronica

    ReplyDelete
  9. Farica, that rooster looks great. I need a class in floral arrangement! Love all the ones you make.

    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love it all! I really like using feathers ~ and I'm a fall fanatic. Thanks so much for sharing!

    xo
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi lovely lady.
    I was looking at my sidebar and you had a new post. You have a Beautiful home. I love your big Rooster and your flower arrangement !!!
    I hope you have a great week.
    XXOO Diane

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Farica! Cool site! Love what you've done for fall. You've given me quite a bit of motivation to get busy! I love feathers, as well. I have a photo of an arrangement that I just did on my site using pheasant feathers. Take a peek and join me!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great Fall center piece and candles. Love the antlers with the candle holders and that you reuse and repurpose so many things. That's a good thing. :)

    ReplyDelete





Southern Charm